Saturday, 1 December 2012

Success!

After finally founding a model to work with (or more, settling with one I found right at the beginning of my search) I've started to do some research into how lizards move in the wild to see if maybe I can connect aspects of this to my rig.

File:Jackson's Chameleon 2 edit1.jpgAfter investigating I've found some lizards, such as the chameleon, curl there tail in towards there back legs rather than up towards there spine, however others lock once they get between their legs and only curl towards their back like I first planned the functionality of my rig. I think I'd like to stick with my original idea, as I believe it would work better on a standing figure rather than having a tail tucked between the legs. I also investigated the way lizards facial expressions move, and thought about the wide range of movements on the eyes of lizards, however my rig does have a slightly more human face and although I'm going to put more effort into the eyes than originally thought, I won't be adding in extra functionality.

Over the next couple of days I'd really like to focus more on research to see what added features a lizard has that I can implement into my rig, and start focusing on the actual rigging again by the start of next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment