Monday, 10 December 2012

Spline IKs

Tail does not curl as I would want it to, this may be a problem
because of something I have done or just the way the IK works
Now that the control shapes in my rig all have a function, I've been trying to work out if each function works in the way I want it to. For instance, at the moment I have a spline IK in my tail, however it doesn't move or curl quite how I want it to. I'm going to look into either increasing the number of spans I have in the IK, or a different method entirely and have attributes controlling the curl and swing, much like the use of the fingers. I do however like the way the tail sits with a Spline IK, as when I lower it to "ground level" it gives a lovely curve.

Apart from that most other shapes move well, and I've begun adding in multiple attributes for the fingers and feet. By next week I'd like to have all these major decisions finalised, the extra attributes adding in and functioning properly, and begin work on the facial joints. After this is all completed I should hopefully be able to begin skinning the week before Christmas.

UPDATE: I also forget to mention that I managed to fix the problem with my orient constraints on my wrists, it appears I had just been working on it too long and over-looked a small mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment