Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Finishing The Rig

In the last couple of weeks I've been adding the finishing touches to my rig. All the attributes and constraints have been put in place, all problems have been fixed and skinning was started on the 26th.
Colour coding to easily see the different layers

I'd like to perfect some of the different twists in the skin, such as around the wrist and the elbow, but at the moment I'm really happy with how the rig has turned out. Now that everything is properly skinned, and I've reconstructed the eyes in the rig, I've colour coded all my different elements to make it easier for the rig to be used in future - joints are in white, control shapes in green and the mesh in a light pink. Although I plan to tweak some more of the skinning, I'd consider my rig finished now. I've really enjoyed this project, and hope to do more like it in the future to improve my rigging skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment