Now that I have this finished I can work on attaching my particle systems to certain areas on the mesh - which was earlier attempted this morning but an easy solution could not be found. Hopefully this can be solved quickly.
Coursework for modules "Technical Art Application" and "Scripting and Dynamics" at the University of Abertay Dundee. Intellectual property of Zoe Sams.
Wednesday, 3 April 2013
Wet Cloth Movement
I've been working on the movement of the cloth all day as I still hadn't found a realistic damp movement. I've now saved a preset which I'm really pleased with and believe it simulates movement of the wet article of clothing I'm after. The cloth is heavy, and collides with the character meshes much quicker than the dry setting. The cloth also has a slightly higher value added to the stickiness attribute, meaning the cloth clings to the legs before getting to heavy and separating itself again - either through movement or mass accumulated. Although the mesh isn't quite how I'd like it yet, I've saved (and backed up) numerous presets which I've played around with. I'd perhaps like to make a tool to be able to easily switch between "dry" and "wet" presets, but that would be something for extra time.
Now that I have this finished I can work on attaching my particle systems to certain areas on the mesh - which was earlier attempted this morning but an easy solution could not be found. Hopefully this can be solved quickly.
My research into this movement is here, with a test video.
Now that I have this finished I can work on attaching my particle systems to certain areas on the mesh - which was earlier attempted this morning but an easy solution could not be found. Hopefully this can be solved quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment